Thursday, February 4, 2010

inadequate but willing.

When I started praying, thinking and applying to go to Uganda, the cry of my heart was…
¨I know I am inadequate, but I am SO willing.¨

my spiritual journey (summarized!)
I was raised Catholic, but nothing too deep. When I hit the age of around 10, I realized I could stay home on my own, and did so ESPECIALLY and specifically Sunday mornings! I was a decent kid though. Made good grades, listened to my mommy (for the most part…she might disagree. ha!), probably still a little socially awkward, etc. Zoom by in to high school and this is where the fun begins. I made friends. These friends, today, are people I love to death and pray for upon every remembrance. To say they were a bad influence in my life is a copout. I blame me. When I made the choices that I made, like my friends, I didn’t see the harm in it, and I know they didn’t and maybe still don’t. Now that I live by different standards, I understand. In high school I made a more than a decent amount of choices that were self-destructive physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I would most definitely still be down that same path only worse, but ah… the beauty of grace. Fortunately, I hit some of the lowest of lows in my life (yes. fortunately.) because it led me face to face with my Savior, my Lord, my everything. I am lucky to have the King of kings and Lord of lords to be my very best friend.

my story does not end here though…
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

God has given me the sweet opportunity to spend a chapter of my life in Uganda. I will be challenging students to stay abstinent with True Love Waits presentations even though I didn’t wait. I am going to Arua, Uganda to give HIV/AIDS education, despite the fact that I had the privilege of having the education, yet it was completely irrelevant in my lifestyle before. To share my salvation testimony after doubting my salvation weeks prior to my trip, and the list goes on and on. These confessions are hard to write, but I feel like if I didn’t share this it will be cutting Him short of His glory. The glory He deserves for the ridiculously, beautiful changes He has made in my life, for using someone like me, for being who He is and doing what He does.

Father,I pray that my confessions and the sharing of my life may be an encouragement to my readers and that they, although inadequate, may be willing to be used by a BIG God to do BIG things. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful heart with us and with Africa! You are a blessing! Lots of Love! Stacie

    ReplyDelete